What is a hair like growth near my vagina ?

Hi I had what looked like a pimple on my vagina I went to go pop it and clear smelly discharge came out then I squeezed it one more time and white pus and a little bit of black hard stuff came out. It doesn t really hurt unless I touch it. There was a long hair I seen right in the middle and I pull it out with tweezers was it an ingrown hair or is it something I should be worried about? Thank you for all your help
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012
Hii aib,
Ingrowing of hair on scalp, axilla and groin is very common. ingrowed hair act as a foreign body and can induce inflammation resulting in redness and pimple like lesion, this further infected by bacteria and resulting in pus formation. to overcome this problem, u shd care of certain things like
1. Never shave ur hair with blade (as close to skin) just trim it
2. if it is infected thn cut the hair and apply topical antibiotics
hope this will help u

Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi..dear aibarra..,
Thaks for choosing HCM..,
pimple like lesion on vagina ..could be follicular lesion (due to shaving,trauma ) or .,
Bartholin's gland infection (infection of gland)..,
So follow this treatment...
1) Tab...Azithromycin 250 mg 2 times daily for 5 days..,
2) Mupirocin cream apply on affected part..,
3) Don't shave the hairs near the vagina..,
only trim the hairs..,thanQ