What is a good way to lower blood pressure?

I have a test on Tuesday, and I need it lowered a few pts. I was thinking of something like: walking 30 mins. a day, doing like 10 reps with a barbell, and doing 20 sit ups before I go to bed, drink only water and eat once a day. Is this a good way? if not what would be a good way?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009
High blood pressure (HBP) can be caused by several factors, most of which you cannot do anything about within a period of a week's time. However, one probable cause unknown to laymen is excessive sodium in the body. I went to a cardiologist when I felt faint once and diagnosed me with hbp of 180/130 about 8 years ago. I went through the routine of blood tests and everything. Then he prescribed a diet of less or no sodium and at least a 30-minute nap during lunch break. I am supposed to avoid preserved, processed (cured or canned food), and Chinese food (msg - MonoSodium Glutomate). My bp went to down to normal in less than two weeks. I tried going further by going on a diet of fresh fruits, steamed or fresh uncooked vegetables, unsalted steamed fish for one month and my bp went down to as low as 110/70 when the normal rate is supposed to be 120/80. My cardio was initially shocked and later dumbfounded. Now I eat everything in moderation, lean meat, and low salt. I still do the fruit-vegie-fish twice a week and have been enjoying a 120/80 for the past 2 years. I hope this information can help you. Try fruits for breakfast, fruits and vegetables and some carbo for lunch and the same with some meat for dinner. If you do not feel fulfilled with the fruits, try bananas, they are heavy and can last you several hours. And do try to get a good full night's rest before your physical. It might just spell the difference by a few points. Another point. If you are a smoker, do not smoke at least 30 minutes before the physicals. BP normally rises after smoking. And do not do any strenuous activity like brisk walking at least 10 minutes before your physical.