What is a blood tumor?

hi... I have a blood tumor in my ankle and i was wondering what exactly is a blood tumor and what are the sypmtoms? Is this type of tumor usually cancerous? My doctor told me that they are going to leave the tumor alone and not cut it out should i be worried?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Welcome on Health Care Magic.Most probably by blood tumor your doctor means 'Hematoma'.It is collection of blood at the site of trauma .It is not cancerous.There is no need to cut it.You just leave it and it is dissolved all by itself .In some cases when it grows and increases in size then you might need to drain it.Please read about this in link provided:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematoma
You need not to worry about this.
It is just a benign (innocent) condition.Meaning of a tumor is swelling.Not all tumors are cancerous.
Cheers,
Dr.Naeem.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.