What is TIFFA scan?

what is TIFFA scan?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Feb 2011
Hello.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Please mention the full form of TIFFA and in what context it has been advised for the complete information.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
I am 27 yrs old from orissa, India. This is my first pregnancy. Before pregnancy i had delayed periods from 2 to 3 weeks to sometimes one month. after marriage it was regular but sometime it delayed 10-15 days. so my LMP is 14th july 2010. On december my doctor told that there is some extra liquor and asked me to do TIFFA scan(Targeted Imaging For Fetal Anomalies). So report was normal. Radiologist said fetus GA is 27 weeks 4 days, but according to LMP it should be 29 weeks. i havent met my doctor till now. will vist next week. but rest every thing is normal. baby is ok in the report, its growth is not according to the LMP. i could feel its flutters and movements. Is everything ok? I am a bit nervous.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Hello.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
The discrepancy between the period of gestation by your LMP and byTIFFA scan is only of ten days. It is nothing serious. Discrepancy of upto 14 days is considered normal and no special treatment is needed.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal