What is RBS test in pregnancy mean ?

what is rbs test............/.?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Mar 2011

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

RBS is random blood sugar test. This is just a routine test done in many cases.

This test does not depend on whether you had food or not.

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
RBS means random blood sugar.It is blood test which is done to determine sugar level in blood irrespective of your food state.This gives rough idea whether you are diabetic or not.For definite diagnosis other blood sugar test like fasting, postprandial done.

RBS test means Random Blood Sugar irrespective of meal and it can be tested any time.

**ADA criteria for Diabetes:

Symptoms of Diabetes like increased thirst,urination,appetite,wt loss etc+ RBS 200mg/dl or higher

Others are FBS, PPBS.

All the best