What is FNAC test as I am sinusitis patient ?

HI! doctor i just want to know what is FNAC test as i am a synosytis pateient and i got swollen in my neck so my doctor suggest FNAC test
Asked On : Thu, 9 Jun 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology) is a test done to see what is there inside a swelling. A very fine needle is inserted into the swelling and after few manipulations it is removed and the material collected is put on a slide and processed by chemicals. This is viewed in a microscope to see what type of cells are there. Then the Doctor can diagnose correctly. It is a relatively painless, and safe procedure.