What is Deviry 10mg?

hi doctor my mother is 58 and she is taking medicine name deviry 10 mg for ovary cyst this medicine will help for what is deviry 10mg?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
your mother should get checked up by gynecologist and tests done to see the nature of cyst
deviry is hormonal preparation
it should not be taken without doctor's advice and supervision

Deviry (Generic Provera) (Medroxyprogesterone) is used to treat abnormal menstruation, irregular vaginal bleeding, renal cell cancer and endometrial cancer.its belongs to a class of hormones called progestins.
And Can be used for Ovary cyst also.
Ask your mother to consult a gynaecologist.

General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Hello
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. The drug Deviry is Medroxyprogesterone, which has quite a lot of indications like secondary amenorrhoea and its evaluation, endometriosis, disfunctional uterine bleeding.Even it has got its use as respiratory stimulant. Probably , for your mother, they must have given for endometriosis, as you mentioned she got ovarian cyst. Wish your mother sooner recovery.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hi;
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Since your mother is 58 years i guess your mother has menopause.A ovarian cyst at this age is not normal and she should be investigated for the type of cyst whether it is benign or malignant(cancerous).Deviry is a hormonal preparation & is neither indicated nor will help her in anyway.Please consult a Gynaec ASAP to investigate & rule out malignancy.
Thanks

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.