What happens if you're on a very high dose of acetaminophen and caffeine at the same time?

Asked On : Mon, 17 May 2010

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum

Caffeine is associated with few side effects:-
1. Excess caffeine can lead restlessness, nervousness, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, and irregular or rapid heart beat and anxiety.
2. It is also addictive. If you use it every day, you may be addicted.

Acetaminophen can cause liver damage if used in higher doses and for prolong time.

So get evaluated for cause of tired and sleepiness and use medicine according to cause, as advised by physician.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal
eashishmittal@gmail.com
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Hello.
High doses of acetaminophen and caffeine do not show much drug interactions with each other. High dose of caffeine is more dangerous and can cause high blood pressure and atrial fibrillation, tachycardia, etc. High doses of acetaminophen can cause liver damage.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drtayalrakhi@gmail.com