What happened if fluid not formed in pod? Suggest me a treatment

if egg is not formed then suggest the treatment
Asked On : Sat, 8 Jan 2011

Welcome to Healthcare magic Forum

The fluid in the POD ( pouch of douglas) is not the lone sign which indicates ovulation , the follicular scan particularly TVS ( Transvaginal scan) is more informative about the ovulation than fluid in the pouch. PCOD is one condition where anovulatory cycles are frequent ( no ovum formed )get yourself screened for the same.

There are medications to induce ovulation , example Clomifene citrate, a five day course starting from third day of the period . but under a strict supervision of a gynecologist along with serial follicular scans constitute the process.Consult a infertility specialist for the same.

Thanks for visiting

General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response
Hi. Welcome To Healthcaremagic

The basic pathology of PCOD is all time excess Luteining Harmone. That will result in ovulation, release of eggs. There are medicines, E.g. Clomifen which helps in forming dn release of eggs.

Regards, Dr. Jagdish