What further treatment should be given for epilepsy as medicines are not effective ?

My dad is a 55 year old with temporal lobe epilepsy . He is had this disorder since he was a baby (due to high fever ) and went without seizures from toddler age til age 27 and has had them uncontrollably ever since. My frustration is that he has become more and more hard to be around. He is extremely arguementative. It s like he enjoys being fussy and pissing people off. (excuse the verbage) He has totally lost his personality. He takes on the persona of others. Its really weird. Its like he has lost his own identity. He has no interest in any activities. He was a very active person. He has been out of work on disability for 10 years now and it s like he is married to the couch and telephone. His driving privilages have been revoked due to multiple collisions but he still wants to drive. Says if he can drive he will feel better? I m seriously worried about him because its like he is evil, fussy with everyone including being disrespectful to his own mother. (when we tell him he is wrong he claims he hasn t done anything to anybody?) Can you give me some ideas on what to do as far as treatment next with him. Meds are not working..phenobarb, keppra, dilantin , clonazapam,etc.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Jun 2011