What food can help lower BP ?

bllod pressure , what foodcan help lower blood pressure ?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009

To lower your raised blood pressure food restrictions only play a minor role. Salt restricted diet is preferred. Low oil intake is advised. Foods rich in potassium might help in lowering blood pressure. Avoid preserved food. Taking citrus fruits rich in potassium will help in lowering the blood pressure to some extent.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Praveen Tayal

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Taking low salt,taking potassium rich diet,reducing weight and quitting smoking are most important non medicinal measures to reduce High blood pressure.Good luck.also do regular exercises and meditation.
Acai juice has helped the body regulate the heart and blood. Many Acai juice drinkers have had success with better circulation of blood while drinking Acai juice. Would you allow me to send some information to you on this amazing nutritional beverage? The juice contains the most potent antioxidant in the world -- the Acai Berry. Since you asked about food that helps the blood and heart, I thought you might be interested. Please let me know if you would like to receive the information on the juice. Thank you for your time. Here is my website to see what this product is about: