What first aid should be done for head injury recovery ?

recently my friend met with an accident. he was riding back home on his new pulsar and was hit by a lorry from behind. he was not wearing helmet. he was taken to hospital and there he died. it was told he was brought late to hospital. if he had come half an hour earlier he could have been saved. i want to know what first aid should be done at the accident site so that person can transported to hospital and lives can be saved
Asked On : Thu, 1 Oct 2009

A person with head injury requires immediate attention and shifting to hospital. Accidents in general require something called as basic first aid or something like that. We were taught in our workplace about it. You have to see that the person is breathing or not, check his pulse and put him in comfortable position. clean and dress any minor wounds. for bleeding put pressure to stop it. and shift the person as early as possible to the nearest hospital, or in case of head injury or severe accident to a hospital with ICU facility.

hey get the CT scan done, other wise it will a problem for you in later. not to neglect as it can be a brain injury. so also meet neurolgy doctor.
in case of accident first you call for help to police and ambulance. than ensure your safety and the safety of people who are injured. dont touch the injured patient. talk to him and asses him confirm the injury caused to him as the injury may increase if not handled properly. in head injury with patient lying unconscious dont move him.try to shift to a nearby hospital as early as possible
He is asking about the first aid at accident site, not the treatment at hospital site. I do not know what is pulsar but contextual I can understand it is an accidentAs of I know check for breathing and respiration, speak his name if he is conscious or not, one should not move the neck as there might be neck damage. Call an emergency mean while you can give mouth to mouth respiration and heart thump in the ratio of 1: 5 that is one mouth to mouth resp and 5 heart thumps with two hands till the ambulance or rescue arrives