What exercises can one take up to strengthen shoulder muscles post a putti platt operation for shoulder dislocation ?

hi,this is sam from kolkata age is 22years.i had 3times right shoulder disloacation and then according to my doctors advice i had a putti platt operation and got it fixed.and now its all right,my first dislocation was in jan2007,then may2008 and april 2009.i had the operation in dec2009 and now my shoulder is completely question is, can go to gym for physical exercises??and if yes what would be the specific exercises which would strengthen my shoulder muscles without getting them injured??
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
regarding gym and type of exercise it will be better to consult your ortho surgeon and take guidance
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
You may start on graded weight bearing exercises, not much weight. Benchpress would help. Shoulder bars will also help. But make sure you do them carefully and if you ever feel uncomfortable, you must stop. Eat a protein rich diet of pulses, chicken, fish, eggs if non-vegetarian. Drink plenty of water. Speak to your Orthopaedician if any problems arise and also about the various possible exercises that can help.