What does this FNAC report indicate?

Hello Doctor, This is regarding my father 65 yrs age, recently got FNAC done for neck node. Below is the outcome - HIGHLY CELLULAR SMEAR. CELLULARITY COMPRISES OF MAINLY MONOTONOUS LYMPHOID POPULATION OF CELLS WITH SOME SHOWING PLASMACYTOID FEATURES. BACKGROUND SHOWS FIBROFATTY STROMA AT PLACES. CYTOMORPHOLOGICAL FEATURES ARE SUGGESTIVE OF LYMPHOPROLIFERATIVE LESION. What does this indicate ? The consulting doctor advised for biopsy. Please confirm what does this exactly means, something to worry about like TB or cancer ?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Jun 2017
May 2017
Hi welcome to the health care magic

This is not the case of tuberculosis

Inform me your clinical complaint and your lymph node palpation status for giving more comment

Your all lymph nodes should be palpated

Monotonous lymphoid population suggest towards lymphoma malignancy

So we don't want to neglect this condition and kindly investigate with biopsy and send it for histopathology examination

Histopathology examination is gold standard investigation for rule out nature of lesion

Hope I have solved your query from