What does thickening of the skin over the inner end of the lips indicate ?

i had dark spots inside my mouth almost twenty days ago it is getting lighter now .i did my blood work ,iron and b12 is low i am having tablets for 15 days now i noticed thickning of skin inside my mouth only on the inner end of my lips the left hand side please advice if this could be the sign of early cancer
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012
Oncologist 's  Response
How many dark spots did you have inside your mouth and where have they been located? It doesn't look like a sign of an early cancer, more than that the thickening of the skin could be maybe a side effect of the iron tablets, but I would need more info to be able to give you more accurate feedback.