What does scanty flow during periods with cramps in one with PCOS mean ?

Last week I had pain in my ovaries and what I thought was menstration three times but it was very light and gone by lunch. Friday had a strange tugging sensation in my lower abdomen , like two quick tugs. Over the weekend I have had on and off cramps as if I was starting my period. Now I get slight pains in both breasts and my lower abdomen is tender. I took a HPT the week before last because my cycle is late (after I had two normal cycles in Jan and Feb.- I have PCOS and have been on metformin 500 mg twice daily since Dec} Do I need to retest or am I just having wishful thinking again? Or should I say how long should I wait until I do a retest.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012