What does my MRI scan interpret ? What would be the treatment indicated for this? Do i need surgery?

Hi. I was recently in a car accident. I got my results from an MRI that I had done and this is what was said: Central linear annular tear associated with broad-cased disc herniation at L5-S1. Note is made of lumbar lordotic straightenin. C3-4 disc is dessicared, normal in height and shows herniation. C5-6 disc shows focal central disc herniation without neural encroachment. Cervical lordotic straightening. What does all this mean in simpler terms? What would be the treatments indicated for this? Do i need surgery? Any answers and suggestions will help. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Mar 2011