What does it mean if there is burning when you urinate ?

What does it mean if there is burning when you urinate? It feels like fire. Any idea what s going on? My doctor s office is closed til Monday. Thanks. Thanks for all the answers. I know it s not an STD. I ve had only one partner for four years and I couldn t ask for a more faithful companion.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Very likely it is a urinary tract infection. Drink plenty! plenty! plenty! of water. Unsweetened cranberry juice found at the healthfood store. Blueberries too. See your Dr asap. Macrobid works well and fast! Usually during sex bacteria like ecoli gets into the urethra and can be quickly washed out when you urinate immediately after sex. If you fall asleep and forget to pee it gives the bacteria a chance to create an infection. Do not have sex until this is taken care of and from now on go pee immediately afterwards! That advice comes from lots of UTI experience.
  Anonymous's Response
ditto ... sounds like a UTI