What does indenting the ventral aspect of the thecal sac mean and is surgery required ?

i have intolerable pain in my right arm the dr needed an mri the mri report contains the following: cervical spine revealed straightened cerdital curve , dehydrated and reduced height of c5 over 6 disk 5/6 , c6over 7 diffused posterior disk over ostephyte complexes are seen indenting the verntral aspect of the thecal sac, no abnormal cord signal or myelomalcia please help interpret the report , how dangerous or serious is the case ??? do i need surgery ?? i am a 56 year old male i have diabetes , cholesterol and a heart condition , the past week i have been taking lyrica and celebrix for the pain as recommended by the doctor . thanks
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011