What does faint trace of albumin in urine indicate and is it harmful ?

albumin faint trace in my urine. Is this harmful for me? my age is 25 year.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Feb 2012
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Small amounts or trace amount of protein is likely to be a transient or false reading.But you must get a couple of urine tests done more and if two out of three tests are negative then you don't have to do anything.A transient leak of protein can occur for several reasons like fever,infection,dehydration etc.Such transient proteinuria usually require no treatment.Thanks and good luck.