What does crumbling spine mean and what are its long term prognosis ?

I am a 66yr old Female and for the last 4 - 5 months have been suffering from neck pain in the right side of my neck which sometimes goes down into my right arm . The pain is always there but is noticably worse when I turn my head either left or right or look up and down. I recently visit my GP who examined me and said that I had a crumbling spine, I have no back pain , and advised me to take paracetamol . What is a cumbling spine and what is the long term prognosis . Can anything be done to help. I was a bit shocked at the time so I didn t ask him those questions. Many Thanks Maggie
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012