What does a swelling in the right ankle of my child indicate ?

Hi, My niece who is 3.5 years old has developed swelling in her right ankle for the last one month and doctors can t seem to diagnose the reason. I am listing down the results of few of the pathology tests conducted over these days. Please do let me know if you can help us in diagnosing the actual reason. CBC, ESR , Chemistry Report (only listing down the values which are not normal as per the standard values given in the report for comparison) WBC 13.03 % Neut 39.3 Lymp 6.78 ESR: 35 Total Protein: 8.33 Globulin: 3.77 Urine microbiology test is clear and proteins are negative. Have shown her to an orthopadeic specialist who has X-rayed the ankle and the result does not show any deformity , etc We are very much worried as the swelling is painless and does not go. She is very active, walks, runs normally. She has tonsilitis since she was a couple of months old and has been on antibiotics for a long time. She had temperature few days ago and after every meal feels nauseous and often claims of vomiting. Look forward to your prompt reply. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011