What does a moveable lump on the dorsum of the right foot indicate ?

I was just asked by a friend about a painless, moveable lump on the dorsum of his right foot . Prior to it s being moveable, he has had a painful bump in the same area. He does Taekwondo, and after kicking someone, the bump is now movable and w/p pain. The bump feels hard and moves about as if surrounded by synovial fluid . Any ideas? I suggested that he needs to get in a have it checked out, but I also want to reassure him if possible.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Apr 2012