What does AXIS I_AXIS II_AXIS III_AXIS IV_AXIS V in diagnostic psychiatric interview report mean ?

I am trying to understand some paperwork I had gott en years ago from the doctor, This is concerning mental health . First page header is Diagnostic Physchiatric Interview.I can understand every question like Cheif complaint, history of present Illness , past medical history, social history,etc.., Then I come to the DIAGNOSIS: it has AXIS I_AXIS II_AXIS III_AXIS IV_AXIS V. Please explain what AXIS is on each different level 1-5 please.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013