What does the following X-ray indicate? 

Hi doc, I just got the result of my xray the findings says...fibrotic and calcific densities are seen in both upper lobes. The impression is fibronodular PTB. Does it mean Im sick? What will be the possible solution? What will I do?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Feb 2017
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.

As per your X-ray report you have fibrotic(kind of scarring) calcific(calcium deposition)lesions over the apex of your both lungs.These changes are usually sequel to old infections like tuberculosis. These do not indicate active disease and no treatment is required until you are asymptomatic. It does not mean you are sick and as of now no treatment is needed.
As per this report no further treatment is required,if you have any clinical symptoms like cough or breathlessness kindly consult a pulmonologist.

Hope I have answered your query.

Regards.
Dr.Shinas
Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Your x-ray findings,of post tuberculosis fibrosis(PTB) means you had in past tuberculosis of your lungs which has healed and normal lung tissue is replaced by fibrotic tissue.Some calcification has taken place in the fibrotic tissue.No,you are not sick as tuberculosis has already healed.Now you don't have to do anything.
Hope this answers your question.