What do you suggest for throwing up blood and water after drinking water?

Hi. I have a weird choking feeling of something caught deep in my esophagus. I woke up this morning and drank a full glass of water and instantly threw up all the water followed by white stuff and it felt like there is more but it turned to straight fresh blood. I still feel like I need to throw up because something's making me nauseous and I feel it in my throat and I can still taste blood but I haven't vomited again after that one time. When I spit up, it's only clear or a little mucus, no red. What's going on? Should I see my doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Feb 2014
Dear Friend.
Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
You might be having Acidity or GERD , which could cause severe vomiting , and severe vomiting caused by severe thrust can lead to some musocsal tear in esophagus and bleeding (hemetemesis) known as Mallory Weis Syndrome.
You should visit a doctor nearby for further treatment.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you want to discuss your issues further, you may please ask us
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.