What diet should one take after taking rabipur injection for dog bite ?

Hi doctor, Last month a street dog bites me, and i had taken 5 doses of rabipur injection . Any food control need to follow. My friends are telling to avoid chicken, egg, lime etc for 3 months. Is it necessary?.Please advice.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Dear Friend..

There are no diet restrictions as such following anti rabies vaccination...

Few people who receive the vaccine may experience symptoms such as headache, abdominal pain, nausea,dizziness.

So its advisable to take a light, less oily, bland diet just to avoid mixing symptoms of acidity with the side effects of vaccine.

You need not to worry much for the dietary part. Rabies doesnt spread by eating dairy products.

Stay Healthy

Dr Anshul, M.D.