What diet should i give to my 4 months old baby ?

i am mother of 4th month old kid. what type of solid food,vegetables and fruits can i give now? and when can i start non veg foods to her?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011
Hi, please wait for her to be at least 5 months old. Then you can give her weaning food like Dal ka paani, Fruit juices, mashed banana, boiled and mashed potatoes, Thin kichdi, sooji ka kheer etc.By completion of nine months you can gradually start non veg food like boiled eggs.
Always remember to start with one food at a time to see whether you baby is allergic to it or not.
Good Luck
Till 6 months babys main diet should be breast feeding,other liquids like juice,milk etc.
Do wheet floor, rice, cereals paste added with suger. Give babysolid food after 6 months.
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hi. Welcome to HCM. I m a pediatrician from mumbai n wud like to comment on ur query.Pls know these facts imp in babies.
1. For first 6 months of life exclusive breastfeeding is best for baby no water no juice no solids.
2. After 6 mths start introducing pureed or mashed solid foods one at a time small quantity then gradually increase to 3 meals aday by 7-8 mths.can giv rice dal, banana,raagi etc
3. For the full first year of life breast milk should b the main source of nutrition for a healthy baby.