Hi Mervat. Thanks for your Query and For using Health Care MagicGlucovance
contains a combination of glyburide
. Glyburide and metformin are both oral diabetes
medicines that help control blood sugar levels.
You are currently taking Tab Glucovance 5 mgs: Glyburide 5 mgs and Metformin 500 mgs. However, blood sugars are uncontrolled are in the range of 300 - 250
There are few things you must consider.
1. Were your sugars always uncontrolled or its only now.
2. Any change in you diet recently - If so correct it
3. Are you exercising well - If not - Start - Brisk Walk at-least 40 mins/day
4. The dose of medications which you are taking can be increased up to 10mgs/500mgs (Glyburide + metformin) twice a day. You will need to consult your primary physician for the same.
5. If still sugars are uncontrolled, another group of medications (Thiazolidenediones or Gliptans) need to considered.
Its advisable that you meet your primary physician such that medications can be readjusted to get a better control.