What diet should I take to increase my weight ?

i m 21 yeas old & my wgight is only45? what can i do for incress my weight?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Firstly you should have mentioned your height so that the correct body mass index can be calculated for your weight and height. This is necessary to know the ideal body mass for your age group. Usually if you feel that you are underweight for your age group, then perhaps some necessary dietary changes need to be done. Consult with your physician and dietitian so that appropriate dietary regime for weight gain can be prescribed for you. Hope this will help. Regards.
General & Family Physician Dr. Padma Saikia's  Response
Hi Rony,
Welcome to HCM.
You can have sweets in the morning and add ghee and butter to your meals regularly if u are non vegeterian then have a raw egg everyday in the morning along with milk.You can also have red meat weekly once or twice.
Take Care.