What diet should I take to get my hairs back and what tests could be done for it ?

I am 20 year old female. Length of my hair is 17-18 inches! When I was 14-15 years old I had a considerable hair fall (one reason might be dandruff because I had it then).Since then I have less hairs on the upper part of my head . Well, the hairs are not too less but When I make partition while combing I could see that hairs are less (the partition line is broad and I am unable to make some hairstyles because it makes my baldness clearly visible).Other parts of my head has good amount of hair. My present situation is- 1. I don t have dandruff. 2. 2-3 hairs are white. 3. I can see a lot of small hairs at the upper part of my head but these small hairs never seem to grow to cover my little baldness . I say this because since 4-5 years I can see such small hairs on my upper head and if they were growing I would not be facing this problem now. 4. I have not more than 50-70 hair fall per day. Please tell me what diet should I take to get my hairs back and what tests could be done for it. Should I cut my hairs short ? Any home remedies for curing it?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Mar 2011