What diet should I consume to treat hair loss and PCOD ?

i have hair is getting thinner,almost nil in the front side.what diet should i take
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jul 2011
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
hi.. you need to control your PCOD to reduce hairfall.. diet and exercise play a very important role to reverse PCOD.. start with brisk walks daily for 1 hour.. eat small meals every 2-3 hours .. have more of natural foods like fruits, nuts, salads, sprouts, egg whites, chana kurmura.. avoid milk and wheat .. also avoid breads, biscuits, fired, sweets and junk foods.. drink 2-3 cups of green tea/day.. coconut water daily and plenty of water...take fish oil capsule daily as it is high in omega 3 which improves overall health..for hair fall you can take 1 follihair capsule daily.. also show a good hair specialist for proper treatment..
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
It may be due to excess androgens due to PCOD. You need to lose weight which will reverse most problems. Stop eating junk food. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables everyday. Drink plenty of water. Do brisk walking everyday for 40 minutes. Get your blood sugar tested for Diabetes as well. You can consult a Dermatologist if there is hairfall as this can reverse by Minoxidil lotion.