What diet or supplements should I take to gain weight ?

i am 30 years old but i am thin my weight is 46 and my height is 5.2 inc i want to become fat and healthy my arms are very thin so i feel not good
Asked On : Wed, 8 Jun 2011
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
hii need to start doing weight training to increase muscle mass. have high protein and carb foods like eggs, fish, paneer, chicken, fish, cheese, potatoes, rice, meals every 2-3 hours little more than your appetite...foods you can have are milkshakes, peanuts butter/ egg sandwich, skim milk powder in curds or milk.. take a weight gainer supplements in the market to help you gain well..
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Take high protein diet containing more pulses,cereals,
Take more milk with high fat,cheese,paneer,
more green veges,fresh fruits and juices.
You can take tablet Ciplactin to increase appetite,
Take B.complex,multi vitamin supplements.
ok and bye.
General & Family Physician Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale's  Response
Please note your constitution is decided by heridity .one should be healthy &strong rather than fat. still If you want to put on wt. try following.
First you shold exclude any pathology in your system by medical cheque up.If some problem is found it is to be treated first.
-Improve your diet specially by high protein,vitamines,minerals,fats & carbohydrates
- In addition do regular exercises ,this will help by increased appetite, digestion,muscular devolopment.This is to be followed for a long time to get result.