What could make vomitus smell like vanilla ?

my brother in law recently passed away, just before he died, he vomitted a dark (maybe old blood?) looking liquid and it smelled like vanilla. what could make vomitus smell like vanilla ?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Feb 2011
Cardiologist 's  Response
hi well come to hvm.
Dark vomit mustbe due to haemetemesis.Vanilla smell could be due to some thing he
has consumed like vanilla prior to death which has not remained in the stomach.This
is apossibility only and just guess work
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
THanks for the query

Eating vanilla and vomiting it out will smell like vanilla. Otherwise clotted blodd does smell different but not like vanilla. What was the cause of death? WHat were his co morbodities?

Have a healthy living