What could have made my heart to beat very hard and fast and a feeling that my veins will burst ?

I was sitting down after having dinner not doing anything when all of a sudden my heart starts beating very hard and very fast... It almost hurt... So I just tried to take deep breaths and stay calm and after aboyr a minute ir so it finally started to slow down. My veins and stuff also felt like they were going to burst from under my skin ... I have had this happen once before but not near as bad. What could be goinf on?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012