What could cause my extra heart beats ?

I'm a 17 year old male, I went to cardiologist, he said my heart is healthy as it could be. And he said he doesn't know what could cause my extra heart beats. I don't drink caffeine, no soda, no tea, i eat healthy and excercise daily. But I am a stressfull person I am always nervous and anxious. Could this be causing my extra heart beats?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Your cardiologist is probably right that you don't have a problem. Young guys like yourself can have palpatations that don't mean anything. Stress can cause slightly irregular heart rhythms. However, if you experience any other symptoms when your heart has these "extra beats" like light-headedness, blacking out, chest pain, or pressure in your chest, you may want to get a second opinion. Electrophysiologists are heart doctors that specialize in the way the nerve impulses travel through your heart. Did your cardiologist give you and ECG and/or a stress test, where you run on a treadmill while you're hoooked up to a monitor? Ask about these. Good luck.