What could be the side effects of isoxsuprine and allylesternol tablet if taken during pregnancy ?

i am in 20th week of pregnancy , growth of baby is normal and i am having normal problems but doctor advise me to take isoxsuprine and allylesternol tablet . i heard that these are for pre mature delivery. please tell is these medicine are usually give during pregnancy or any side effect of these tablets
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012

Allylestranol is given for placental support and is usually not recommended after 14 weeks of pregnancy. Isoxsuprine prevents premature uterine contractions and is advised in pregnant women with persistent lower abdomen pain. Both the drugs are safe for use during pregnancy.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal