What could be the sensitive lump on the right side of the lower back in a baby with cleft lip and palate and diagnosed with reflux ?

Hi, I have a 2month old baby who has cleft lip and palate. He was also diagnosed with reflux. I noticed tonight a large lump on his lower back on the right hand side that is hard and sensitive to the touch. Would this constitute an emergency?
Asked On : Fri, 13 May 2011
Hi,thanks for query.I think this could be either boil or some insect bite.In either case painful lump needs medical attention.This are the commonest possibility.Please also look for his urine frequency.Do not apply any medication on it without proper diagnosis.please take him to doctor.