What could be the reason to have swollen legs even though all reports are normal ?

A few weeks ago I woke up with my left thigh swollen towards the inside of my leg. I didn t really see any pimples or infected hairs that might have caused the swelling and pain. It became so tender to the touch and I couldn t hardly walk. I went to the doctor and because I had a history of a blood clot, the doctor sent me to have an ultrasound on my leg. They didn t find any blood clots in my leg and they said everything looked fine to them. They did however give me a medication called Naproxen and it is 550 mg. They said it is supposed to help the swelling go down, I have been taking them and my leg is still swollen and I can physically see how one leg is bigger than the other. Just today the back side of my thigh just under my left butt cheek is swollen and extremely painful. I didn t injure my leg in any way for this to happen. I need a second opinion. Any ideas why my leg might be doing this?
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011