What could be the reason of sudden loss of balance while walking ?

There has been about four times that there has been a vacant look on my friends face (over the last six months - just for a few seconds). Her legs have also given way and she has been feeling sick and cannot at times keep any water down. She has had a brain scan but this revaled nothing at all. A couple of days ago she collapsed in the shower and could not return to her bedroom. She also had a red rash on her back. She was admitted to hospital but I was wondering what this is
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011