What could be the reason of having acute stomach pain ?

I have an acute stomach pain
Asked On : Tue, 8 Mar 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You should provide more information like which part of the stomach is paining. Any nausea, vomiting, loose stools. If you have upper abdominal pain it could be gastritis. Avoid smoking, alcohol, spicy food. Eat cool, bland food. Drink plenty of water. Consult your Doctor immediately to rule out any complications and be safe.
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. Acute stomach pain can be due to various reasons. You need to tell in more detail about the location of pain and characteristics of pain like type of pain, intensity, duration, aggravating and relieving factors. Pain could be due to gastritis, appendicitis, gall bladder stones or pancreatitis. You must visit a doctor to get yourself evaluated. You can take tab pantoprazole on empty stomach twice a day. Your pain will be relieved by it if it is due to gastritis. Avoid eating spicy and oily food. You must take well balanced diet rich in proteins and vitamins. Eat lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. Wish you good health.
Welcome to Health Care Magic,
Abdominal pain may be caused by -inflammtion, stetching or distension of any organ or loss of blood supply to any organ.
The cause can only be identified by-the type of pain, by physical examination or by radiological and laboratory findings.
consult a doctor because only a detailed information will help in finding the cause and tereby to treat accordingly.
Plain antibiotics will help in inflammation .