What could be the reason of hard lump under the scar caused due to dog bite ?

I was bitten by a pitt bull a week ago. I was given a tetnus shot, oral antibiotics , and the wound was cleaned and dressed and left to close on it s own. Bruising was extensive and still present but improving. The area has healed well with minimal pain. Have had no fever. I have developed a quarter sized hard lump under the scar. It feels like a knot in my muscle. It does not hurt to touch at all. Is this normal or should I have it checked by a doctor. Th dog was euthanized and negative for rabies .
Asked On : Fri, 9 Mar 2012