What could be the reason for tiny specks of blood in urine and period like cramps on my belly and back during 23 weeks pregnancy and how can I treat it ?

Dear Doctor, I am 23 weeks pregnant and saw tiny specks of blood in my urine for the first time. I had also experienced for 1 night only, cramps in my belly and back (like light period cramps). What might be causing this and how should I treat it? I have no burning sensation when urinating or more than usual frequency to go. My doctor told me to monitor it, get some rest and drink lots of water but I am worried that time is going by and it may be something more serious that could affect my baby. Thank you for your timely response. M
Asked On : Mon, 2 Apr 2012