What could be the reason for spotting for two days before the actual due date of periods ?

Hi, I m a 17 year old girl about 5 6 and 135lbs and for Aslong as I can remember I have gotten my period at the beginning of each month between the 2nd and 8th. Recently ive engaged in sexual intercourse and I thought the condom broke. This was about may 16th, it s now June 7th. I haven t felt any pregnancy symptoms, but I haven t gotten my period yet. Also last week I took a pregnancy test that came back negative. What my concern is, two weeks ago between the 20th and 22nd I spotted once a day for two days. It was red blood . I still haven t gotten my period, and I don t feel pregnant . What else could it be?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Jun 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
please consult gynecologist and get a check up
it may be due to disturbed pregnancy /blighted ovum
clinical examination and usg will help reaching a diagnosis and treatment for the condition
it may be simple irregular period