What could be the reason for pain while passing urine for a 9 year old boy ?

My son is 9 and has complained for several years (on and off) that it hurts after he pees. He only complains a couple of consecutive times every month or two. His pediatrician has tested for infection twice and always negative. I give him cranberry juice and water on the first complaint and it seems to subside until another six weeks-eight go by. He has plenty of urine but wants to stay on the potty because it hurts after peeing. Help.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011