What could be the reason for lump under the elbow, it is hard and red ?

LUMP UNDER THE ELBOW.IT IS HARD,NOT MOVEABLE AND IT IS RED AND WARM AROUND THE AREA Hello! My mam is 56years old and has a 30% osteoporosis and history of high blood pressure for which is taking a pill,high blood sugar between 8-9 and stones in her ureter for which she is having operation later this month to be removed.She had also bronhitis and is a smoker. There days ago she woke up with swelling and pain above her left elbow.we found a lump on the elbow which is not moving but it is hot and has redness around the area.she can move her hand more now and has a pain only when pressing on the lump.the swelling it is less then before. Could someone help me by telling me what is it and do I have to worried about it ? I thought it could be a tromb and gave her aspirin for the heart just in case but the redness and the warmness around the elbow is worrying me!!! God bless all!!!! Steph
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011