What could be the reason for left side kidney pain ?

1 years pain left said kidney . my no 0000. pls reply
Asked On : Sat, 25 Feb 2012
welcome to hcm
dear kripa
if have kidney pain you can do usg scan done and show it to a doctor. if you have got any stone and if it small u can be treated with medcines only no need for surgery. but kindly meet the doctor soon.

take care
dr vikas poddar
Nephrologist Dr. Archit Patel's  Response

well, first of all i am not able to understand how could u say that you have kidney pain ....ok, if you already have a kidney disease for e.g. kidney stones or something like that in the past and you are aware of the type and nature of kidney pain...then its okay....or else...go to your family physician...and get an ultrasound abdomen done...if it says that there is any abnormality in kidney then take a nephrologist/urologist's opinion according to your family physician's opinion.