What could be the reason for heart palpitations and shortness of breath ?

I have heart palpitations and shortness of breath, what could be wrong ?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
I sounds like you may have Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP). Your valve open and close to allow blood to flow throughout your heart, if you have MVP your valves don't close correctly or all the way which allows blood to flow backwards. It is very common in women. For some it is not a major problem and the symptoms may even eventually fade but for some it can be more extreme. Other symptoms include dizziness and syncope (fainting). I was diagnosed with MVP in 2001 and I've been on medication since 2002. The meds help a little (I don't have as many episodes) but I also have bouts of A-Fib. If it get to more of a problem I would suggest seeing another doctor. They'll have to put you on a heart monitor to accurately diagnose you.

I have very fast heart beats then is since if my heart is palpitationing fast like it's about to come out I have some what of a cough too, when I lay down to rest it still is going on what should I do regarding this matter

Anonymous's Response

I also am a asthma patient too, with some brochilis problems, will need to go to the hospital to see what is going on I also have a heart mur,