What could be the reason for hair loss and irregular period, how long will this continue ?

I am 47 years of age and going through menopause phase. I am residing at a place in India where there is hard water which lacks in iron content. I am experiencing hairloss from the crown and hair partition region of the head . I had my periods on 29/11/2010 and did not have any periods, thereafter, till I saw a gynaecologist in Feb 2011 who prescribed some medicines and I again had my periods on 11/03/2011 and on 07/04/2011 after which it has stopped. What could be the reason for the hairfall? How long will this hairfall continue? When will this menopause phase get over? I saw a Dermatologist on 02/07/2011 who prescribed 1ml of HAIR4U(Minoxidil & Aminexil Topical Solution) to be applied on the areas of hairfall twice a day which I started from 02/07/2011 but was using only about 1/2ml. Even then I am still experiencing the hairfall during bath and when combing. After I spoke to the Dermatologist on 18/07/2011 he advised me to reduce the application to once a day. I am using about 1/2 ml only now. I am also taking Homeopathic treatment. Should I continue? I have read about HAIR4LIFE. How effective is it in stopping hairfall and restoring hairgrowth in the regions of hairloss/hairfall, i.e., the crown and hair partition area where I am losing my hair. Does it have any negative side effects. Where can I obtain the medicine and what dosage and for what duration is it prescribed. What do you prescribe and recommend. I have recently started boiling the water at night, allowed to cool during the night and again warm it in the morning for my bath.Please ADVISE.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011