What could be the reason for hair fall?

Hello doctor , i am loosing my hair very fast , and hair comes out with white bulb, what does it mean ? it ll come back or not ?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
rathin ,the hair with white bulb you are loosing is called telogen hair(a type of hair which is in the falling stage)...and if you are loosing this kind of hair in bunches every day,then the condition is called TELOGEN EFFLUVIUM...There are various causes of this kind of hair loss..You have not mentioned your age,kindly do so...Treatment depends upon the cause it can be iron deficiency or stress,any chronic illness(typhoid,jaundice etc)...etc...Standard medication for this problem would be tpo apply minoxidil sol locally over scalp twice a day...take tab boitin aswell.Consult a dermatologist for proper work up and treatment.
take care,
hello doctor , i am 23rd yrs old . i am using minoxidil sol 5% every day and taking biotin 5mg . then also having same problem.. please tell me hair ll come back or not .
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
you can add tab finestride (1mg) to your prescription .Consult a dermatologist for prescription.These medications and even minoxidil has to be used for atleast 6 months for a good response.
take care,